For this post, I wanted to build on my previous commentary about interior design. After writing about ceiling lights in the previous post, I figured I’d tackle a different area: living room decor.Beyond the personal satisfaction of having a neat, stylish living space, the living room is doubly important simply because of how much time you’ll probably spend in it. After all , it’s called a “living” room for a reason; it probably serves as your go-to area for both personal lounging as well as hosting guests. I’ve assembled a handful of living room home decor tips that might be helpful to you. Enjoy!
- Balance your use of color on the walls. It might be tempting to make a statement with something especially bold, but if you don’t restrain those instincts you may end up with an eyesore. If you’re worried about a color coming on too strong for your home decor, experiment by matching it with a more subdued neutral tone.
- A similar case can be made for the use of patterns. Balance intricate patterns on furniture with pieces that offer a complimentary contrast in solid colors.
- Don’t forget the value of a good rug. An area rug is a perfect solution if you have hard wood floors and are looking to tie a room together. One great benefit is that they’re easily changeable, giving you room to experiment. Don’t hesitate, here’s a good online rug store to find a rug that goes with your vision.
- Augment living room accessories by updating them throughout the seasons. Don’t be afraid to change things up to better match the change of seasons. At the very least, even the little changes you make can revitalize the space.
- I found a pretty expansive gallery of potential decor themes for you to experiment. There are plenty of collections like this on the web if somehow there isn’t anything in this one that suits your fancy.
That concludes this post! Stay tuned, because I might do a part 2 in the future!